DRUG DANGERS

A DECISION by three Orange teenage girls to experiment with the so-called party drug “Meow Meow” on Saturday night has almost cost one of the teenagers their life.A DECISION by three Orange teenage girls to experiment with the so-called party drug “Meow Meow” on Saturday night has almost cost one of the teenagers their life.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

The mother of the 17-year-old who collapsed in a critical condition and had to be resuscitated, said she wanted to warn other parents and young people of the dangers of a “bad batch” of the recreational drug.

“I just want people to know what happened because I don’t want another family to go through what we did on Saturday night. It was absolutely horrific,” the girl’s mother said.

She said she urged parents to continue talking to their teenagers about the dangers of illicit drug taking.

“Our daughter is a good kid and nothing like this has ever happened to our family before – it just goes to show how much young people can be influenced by the temptation to try these so-called party drugs which can be killers,” she said.

The woman’s impassioned plea was echoed by Orange Police Inspector Dave Harvey.

“When young people buy drugs like this they don’t know what they’re getting,” Inspector Harvey said.

“It’s dangerous and it’s illegal and with manufactured drugs there’s no way of knowing what’s in them.”

After obtaining the drugs from an acquaintance in Orange the three teenage girls travelled to Nyngan en route to a social function further west at the weekend.

“The girls took half a capsule each – imagine if they had taken a whole one,” the mother of the 17-year-old said.

After taking the drugs and while swimming in a pool at the private residence with friends, the girls began to feel unwell.

“My daughter got out of the pool and just collapsed – they raced her into the hospital,” she said.

“If it wasn’t for the efforts of the medical staff at the small hospital we would have lost her.”

The girl’s two other friends from Orange also collapsed and were taken to hospital.

“The staff were incredible – they saved my daughter’s life and in a small hospital like that the staff wouldn’t come across that type of experience often,” the mother said.

The girl’s mother said the terrifying experience of checking with the hospital in Nyngan every few minutes to see if her daughter would pull through will be etched in the family’s memory forever.

Under the advice from a clinician based at Orange hospital as part of a rural remote network link up, the girl was stabilised before being taken to Dubbo Hospital in a critical condition while her two friends remained to be treated and recovered at Nyngan hospital.

The girls are now home with their respective families.

If you or a family member needs help or advice with a drug issue call the Western Local Health District Drug and Alcohol Helpline on 1300 887 000

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.